The quality of my life changed in amazing ways when I learned to simplify and clarify.
A few years ago, I got to a point where I knew that I needed to simplify my goals, views and lifestyle. Simplify my relationships, expectations and business dealings.
I needed clarity on what I was doing. But most importantly, on who I was, what I deserved and what the mission of my life was.
In simplifying, we strip away “layers of stuff” which are not “that” needed at the time and which bring little or no value to us at that point, but may be huge (or subtle) contributors of stress, anxiety and confusion. Stuff like, too many material possessions – clothing, shoes, furniture, etc.; too many commitments – in our personal and professional lives; too many activities – constantly being busy, belonging to all these groups and organizations, increased movement here and there and overflowing plates.
So when you let go of some of the stuff, you release the responsibilities that come with them. And you begin to feel free and more focused. Now you can direct your attention to what matters most: purpose.
You realize that those layers were pretty cumbersome and heavy, but now life feels light and even convenient. There is less entanglement, and more liberty. You have found more energy and vitality to truly be the leader and change-maker you were born to be.
You see, you have gained clarity.
It is my pleasure to share the following simplicity and clarity quotes for a better understanding of the lifechanging benefits of simplifying and gaining clearness:
CLARITY QUOTES AND SAYINGS
- “Clarity within leads to clarity without.” – David Dillard-Wright
- “It’s a lack of clarity that creates chaos and frustration. Those emotions are poison to any living goal.” – Steve Maraboli
- “There are few things more powerful than a life lived with passionate clarity.” – Erwin McManus
- “Clarity and simplicity help us to build confidence; keep things clear and keep them simple.” – Sam Owen
- “Clarity is power. The more clear you are about what you want the more likely you are to achieve it.” – Billy Cox
- “The greater clarity you have about your mission—the reason why you are on this earth—the easier it will be for you to hit your bull’s-eye in life and to measure your success.” – Brian Tracy
- “Warriors win battles, not by ignoring them, but through clarity.” – Théun Mares
- “You must first clearly see a thing in your mind before you can do it.” – Alex Morrison
- “Your clarity doesn’t typically happen in your every day comfortable or distractedly busy type of moments. It’s faint and subtle and breathes from your body only when you’re ready. When you’re ready to be honest with yourself. When you’re ready to ask…and actually listen.” – Victoria Erickson
- “The beauty is that through disappointment you can gain clarity, and with clarity comes conviction and true originality.” – Conan O’Brien
QUOTES ON SIMPLICITY
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Clare Boothe Luce
- “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hofmann
- “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just enough baggage.” – Charles Warner
- “The simplest things are overlooked. And yet, it is the simplest things that are the most essential.” – Thomas Lloyd Qualls
- “Life is like art. You have to work hard to keep it simple and still, have meaning.” – Charles de Lint
- “Simplicity is not the absence of clutter, that’s a consequence of simplicity. Simplicity is somehow essentially describing the purpose and place of an object and product. The absence of clutter is just a clutter-free product. That’s not simple.” – Jonathan Ive
- “Simplicity is not the opposite of wealth. It is the door to the riches you already own.” – Alan Cohen
- “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
In many ways, simplicity brings clarity which leads to success.