Hello blog family. Thank you for joining me today.
I am sure you are familiar with the phrase ‘Success is a journey’. Many of us are, having probably come across it many times. But what exactly does it mean and how does it apply to us in our daily lives?
Well, according to the dictionary, a journey is a ‘period of traveling’. So success being a journey means it is a period of traveling. We can thus safely say that success is a lifetime “period of traveling” because while other journeys end when we arrive at a destination, the success journey never ends because there is no destination to arrive at. As long as a person lives, you strive for something – a dream, a goal, or some purpose. Whether you are making an effort to reach a financial goal or simply aspiring to be a happy human being, you are on a journey… in which being successful matters.
The good thing about this success journey is that you can start and/or restart at any time you choose to. Nothing is holding you back from pressing the reset button and going for success again and again. You are in control, you are the captain steering the ship of your success journey.
Here are some reminders and quotes about the journey of life and success:
- We experience many twists and turns on our success journey and we should make the best of every single one of them by learning the lessons we are being taught and by enjoying the moments. “Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations.” – Oliver Goldsmith
- Life is about learning and self-discovery. You will arrive at a point where learning to love yourself in order to thrive becomes a priority. Once you learn to love yourself first, your reservoir of love and well-being will provide a fountain that brings light and wisdom to many others. “Your life is a journey of learning to love yourself first and then extending that love to others in every encounter.” — Oprah Winfrey
- The passion and sweat we experience from the effort we put in, the grind of working hard and the satisfaction from the results accomplished make every step of our success journey beautiful. “Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” — Arthur Ashe.
- You see, when you focus on taking one step at a time or reaching one goal at a time even when the journey gets difficult, success is still happening. “To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.” — Chinese Proverbs.
- “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” — Lao Tzu. Yessss… Simplify, clarify, gain understanding and focus on the things that need to be done. Take small steps and walk the walk!
(Above image credit: Supertrooper)