The most beautiful things in life are felt in the heart… you know, that joy, satisfaction, love, inner peace (also known as peace of mind) and sense of fulfillment. Whenever we start to feel anything that is opposite, that means we are unaligned with our inner selves. And unless we pay attention and examine why we are feeling not-so-good, frustration, anger, sadness, pain, struggle begin to take root in our lives.
Most people do not take the time to address unhappy feelings. In fact, feeling unhappy may seem like the norm for many as expressed in this quote by Paulo Coelho, "considering the way the world is, one happy day is almost a miracle."
What this tells us is that in order to live a wholesome life, happiness and peace of mind are to be worked on intentionally, on a daily basis. Here are some helpful tips:
- Address issues that are causing you duress. Do not leave it up to chance that happiness will flow to you… keep an eye on yourself and work on it.
- Be true to yourself and stop compromising your true self just to fit into a role, position or any other situation. Also, constantly trying to please others will only lead you down a more frustrating path. So practice pleasing you first!…only then are you truly able to help and be there for others.
- Stop looking to other people to make you happy and bring you joy. It is not their responsibility. Most importantly, the happiness you cultivate from within becomes you and flows to others around you.
Self-talk is a key factor in cultivating inner happiness. Here is a video I did…
Quotes about happiness to keep in mind:
- "A heart full of joy is better than a hand full of coins." – Matshona Dhliwayo
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart." – Helen Keller
- "He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has." – Henry Ward Beecher
- "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." – Abraham Lincoln
- "I think the key to life is just being a happy person, and happiness will bring you success." – Diego Val
- "Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it." – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- "Joy is a flower that blooms when you do." – Author unknown
I hope that you open your heart up and begin to feel those beautiful things that life has to offer. I am cheering for you.
Remember to reach out to me with questions or to suggest a topic for discussion.
Cheers to your Success!