Hello winners, champions, go-getters… dear blog readers!!
Welcome. We are already in mid-June, can you believe it?! The year is going by fast; so now is a good time to pause and take stock of the goals we set at the beginning of the year and ask ourselves how we are doing reaching them. Or let's back up a lil bit… did you set any success goals at all at the beginning of this year? What are they? Have you been focused on achieving them?
Please be reminded that "Goal setting is without doubt one of the greatest, if not the greatest, ingredients of a successful life", as Gordon Hurd brilliantly lays out in his article Set Goals or Be a Servant all your Life on DUNIA Magazine. This is surely one of the best articles I have read on goal-setting. In fact if I could frame the article and hang it on my wall, I would. So be sure to read and absorb the key success nuggets Mr Hurd shares.
Meanwhile, here are 5 quotes about goals to remind you of the importance of goal-setting:
- "Setting goals allows you to paint a vision of what you wish your future to be." - Catherine Pulsifer
- "Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination." – Fitzhugh Dodson
- "A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power." – Brian Tracy
- "Goal-setting helps distinguish relevant from irrelevant stuff. With clear vision, you are able to prioritise." – Joanna Jast
- "All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose." – Brian Tracy
The video I recently did on our Youtube channel Lema Speaks sheds even more light on why (and how) you should be sure to set solid life-changing goals and stay focused on achieving them:
Thank you for joining in today.
If you would like one-on-one coaching and guidance on goal setting, contact me.
Have a blessed day and cheers to your Success!