“I paused to smell the roses, and suddenly, the day seemed so much brighter.”
I was out running errands that day. On my way out of the bank, I just had to stop and take these photos below.
We don’t often have to go looking for the things that take our breathes away. They find us!
Standing there admiring those flowers and taking in their fragrance as cars buzzed by, reminded me that we can find happiness in the smallest things. We just have to be open and welcoming.
Whether life is on a beautiful roll or you are going through tough times, make it a habit to marvel at the little things… and the big ones. Help yourself learn how to find pleasure and wonder around you. Not only does this lift your spirits, it draws and attracts more to be happy about.
I would like to wish you a fantastic week ahead with the following inspirational happiness quotes:
1) “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” ~ L.M. Montgomery
2) “There is no waiting for happiness. It’s now or never. I choose NOW.” ~ Zia Holte
3) “Being cheerful and affable with people is by itself half of wisdom.” ~ Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq
4) “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” ~ Unknown
5) “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” ~ Ashley Montagu
6) “Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.” ~ Bertrand Russell
7) “Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.” ~ Benjamin Disraeli
8) “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” ~ Dennis Waitley
9) “Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.” ~ Rose Lane
10) “For many men, the acquisition of wealth does not end their troubles, it only changes them.” ~ Seneca
11) “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
12) “That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
13) “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.” ~ Milton Erickson
14) “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cheers to your happiness!