Hello Face2Face with Success family. Happy New Year. It's been so long; I must begin with a sincere heartfelt apology for the long lapse in posting. I hope and pray you and your family and friends have been doing well and that the new year is going well.
Although I haven't written on the blog lately, I hope that you have been following more regular updates on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and of course Twitter. Truth be told, I have missed writing and each time I came across great information, I always thought about sharing it with you.
I would like to send out a special "thank you" to friends for wonderful Social Media interactions where we have exchanged some truly life-changing information.
To kick off, permit me to share some words of wisdom mom shared with the family this Christmas as we approached the new year. Like most mothers, she is a great woman of faith and so, I have learned to listen carefully each time she speaks. I hope you find meaning in these profound character builders:
Pope Francis gives his "Top New Year's Resolutions" for the Laity.
– “Take care of your spiritual life, your relationship with God, because this is the backbone of everything we do and everything we are.”
– “Take care of your family life, giving your children and loved ones not just money, but most of all your time, attention and love.”
– “Take care of your relationships with others, transforming your faith into life and your words into good works, especially on behalf of the needy.”
– “Be careful how you speak, purify your tongue of offensive words, vulgarity and worldly decadence.”
– “Heal wounds of the heart with the oil of forgiveness, forgiving those who have hurt us and medicating the wounds we have caused others.”
– “Look after your work, doing it with enthusiasm, humility, competence, passion and with a spirit that knows how to thank the Lord.”
– “Be careful of envy, lust, hatred and negative feelings that devour our interior peace and transform us into destroyed and destructive people.”
– “Watch out for anger that can lead to vengeance; for laziness that leads to existential euthanasia; for pointing the finger at others, which leads to pride; and for complaining continually, which leads to desperation.”
– “Take care of brothers and sisters who are weaker … the elderly, the sick, the hungry, the homeless and strangers, because we will be judged on this."
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
As leaders, our spiritual clarity and fortitude of mind play an important role in how far we are able to go. Practical reminders like the above that help us grow daily can truly set the stage for happier and more stable leadership.
Have a wonderful day and be richly blessed.
Cheers to your Success!