Today's my birthday. It's a special day. On this 07/07/2015, I turn 40.
You know, I believe there's a part in us that's somewhat weary of growing older. But when you've lived life consciously, and given of it freely from the depths of your heart, years gone by become bright stars in the sky — merging with the light of beautiful days, reappearing in those clouds of not-so-bright evenings – guiding, teaching, revitalizing.
I am so thankful to God for His amazing blessings and sustaining grace. I am thankful that even during those moments when I was brought to my knees, He was there and carried me through, gently revealing the lessons, imparting wisdom.
I am thankful for the love of family and friends, for your belief in me, for your encouragement. I am inspired by life itself, motivated daily by the work I do: www.lemaabeng.com.
I am so excited about the future, I look forward to the next 40 years and then more. There is so much more to do — with every step we take, a whole new world opens up.
I invite you to stay with me like you have for so many years, and I thank you for giving me a reason to write, to work hard in giving my best.
I'll like us to remember that "it's all in the mind". How we see ourselves, we become; what we believe in, manifests physically; how we treat others, comes back to us. So let's fold up our sleeves and continue on this journey of success in expectation of greater, more wonderful things.
Here are 6 bible passages I have over the years always gone back to for inspiration. Chances are, I may have quoted them before, but hey, internalizing these words keeps us drinking from the fountain of HOPE:
1) "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house." – Matthew 5:14-15
2) "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." – John 10:10
3) "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."" - Jeremiah 29:11-13
4) "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." – Mark 11:24
5) "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." – Hebrews 11:6
6) "The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day." – Proverbs 4:18
Thank you and God bless.