Timeless Words of Wisdom as told by the fireside
– When a fool is told a proverb, its meaning has to be explained to him.
– When you are rich you are hated, when you are poor you are despised.
– Wood already touched by fire is not hard to set alight.
– A chick that will grow into a cock can be spotted the day it hatches.
– A cutting word is worse than a bowstring, a cut may heal, but the cut of the tongue does not.
– It is not what you are called, but what you answer to.
– No one tests the depth of a river with both feet.
– Rain beats a leopard’s skin, but it does not wash out the spots.
– When a needle falls into a deep well, many people will look into the well, but few will be ready to go down after it.
– Even the mightiest eagle comes down to the tree tops to rest.
– Lack of knowledge is darker than night.
– Ashes fly back into the face of him who throws them.
– Between true friends even water drunk together is sweet enough.
– A comb becomes bad when it hurts you.
– He who is born a fool is never cured.
– If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.
– It is not with saying “Honey,” “Honey,” that sweetness will come into the mouth.
– A fool speaks, the wise man listens.
– The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks.
– We start as fools and become wise through experience.
– Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.
Meet me at Dunia Magazine …