The light that shines within is rooted in self-esteem
What value do you place upon yourself? What do you believe your Self to be worth?
Self-esteem has nothing to do with how much is in our bank accounts, the clothes we wear, the neighborhood we live in and all those other external things…. which only make us feel good temporarily. As human beings, it is normal for us to sometimes turn to material possessions for satisfaction. However, it is wise to keep in mind that such pleasures are often only temporary. In order to develop true happiness and satisfaction, the work is to be done on the inside of us.
Which brings us to our topic for the day.
My question to you is: Is it possible to be truly happy when one has low self-esteem?
I would say, “No.”
Because the person with low self-esteem finds themselves constantly wanting and wishing for something else (that appears to be just beyond their reach), they are unsatisfied and irritable, expecting others to save them. They are filled with insecurities, and can fast become a pain to friends and family.
Growing in self-esteem by accepting who we are and loving ourselves, being comfortable in our own skin and learning to be proud of our life journey (being okay with both the good steps and the missteps), are giant first steps toward true happiness and fulfillment.
Thankfully, self-esteem can be built easily.
Some tips on how to build high self-esteem include:
1. Love yourself. You are as beautiful as the flowers on the field, more precious than diamonds. God loves you just as you are. He created you with much love and care, paying attention to every single detail. You were created for a purpose, no mistakes were made during the process. The Creator knows you and calls you by name. You are precious in God’s eyes. This is why you have seeds of greatness on the inside of you. Do not ever let anybody tell you otherwise. Come to a clear realization of your significance and importance on this earth. Someone somewhere needs you. Do not get caught up in what you do not have, what you have not achieved, or what you could have already achieved. Start by loving and accepting you in this present moment.
2. De-program inbuilt negative thoughts of self. Many thoughts and feelings of inadequacy start from childhood, continuing on into our adult lives. Human beings tend to carry the baggage of destructive criticisms, verbal abuse and tongue-lashings they received as children into adulthood.
While some people are blessed to have been raised by parents who understood the power of positive talk and who avoided speaking negative words to their children, others were not so lucky. In order to feel worthy, we must learn to purge our minds and souls of paralyzing utterances spoken over and to us . This is because our subconscious minds (which do not think), process information it is fed and acts accordingly, spitting out like results. So unless we learn to deliberately purge our minds of destructive inputs, negative results follow us through life.
The truth is that even as we go through life, we are sure to have negative deposits made upon us by some people we interact with. In order to build high self-esteem, we have to consciously brush off the negative, and intentionally detach ourselves from unpleasant people. We need to refuse to internalize negative words spoken of and to us, replacing them with healthy mind deposits, affirmations and beliefs.
Be sure to constantly engage in positive self-talk.
3. Believe in yourself and have faith. Do you know that there are individuals who believe that the finer things in life are not for them, but are meant for other “special people”? This results from a sense of low self-worth. Of course, you are worthy of success, of luxury and of all the desires of your heart. Believe that these will be yours, trusting that God / the Universe will make it possible for abundance to flow your way as you work hard in achieving your goals.
You may be thinking, “Well, this is easier said than done. How do I convince myself that I am capable of attracting my heart’s desires; that I can truly live the life of my dreams?”
The first step is to have faith! And to believe that you “have the power to possess” as I often say to my mentees. Dear Champion, success starts on the inside.
Watch this video and learn how to ignite your inner powers:
Faith, belief, and self-worthiness are all intertwined. You see when faith walks in, fear disappears. And when fear is gone, courage takes over, and the winner is emboldened to walk their walk.
Here are some faith reminders for Christians:
- Jesus said to him, “if you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.” (Mark 9:23 NKJV)
- And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he said shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore, I say unto you, What things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (Mark 11:22-24 KJV)
In the nutshell, self-esteem increases when we confront our fears and push them to the side, thereby allowing ourselves to truly live life, igniting our inner passions, knowing that we are conquerors because of the power of God that resides in us.
Self-Esteem Quotes to Remember:
- “Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else.” (Judy Garland)
- “The most important opinion you have is the one you have of yourself, and the most significant things you say all days are those things you say to yourself.” (Unknown Author)
- “To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you maybe the world.” (Author Unknown)
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” (Anna Freud)
Having high self-esteem is key to happiness and success. When you realize that you are unique, and have what it takes to be great, you will truly soar. All those material things that we talked about at the beginning only become added pluses for a You who is wholesome… and awesome.
Embrace life and live it to the fullest. Remember to help others build their self-esteem as well, for there is no real success without successors.