The light that shines within is self-esteem
What value do you place upon yourself? What do you believe yourself to be worth?
Your self-esteem has nothing to do with your bank account, the clothes you wear, the neighborhood you live in and all other external things. These only make us feel us good temporarily. Yes, as human beings, we sometimes turn to material possessions for satisfaction – it is wise to keep in mind that such pleasures are often just temporary. The true work is in developing internal happiness and satisfaction.
Is it possible to be truly happy when one is low on self-esteem? No. Why? Because the person with low self-esteem finds themselves constantly wanting and wishing, unsatisfied, irritable, expecting others to save them. They are filled with insecurities, and can fast become a pain to friends and family members. Growing in self-esteem by accepting who we are, loving ourselves and being comfortable in our own skin are giant first steps toward true happiness.
Thankfully, self-esteem can be built easily.
Some tips on how to build high self-esteem include:
1. Love yourself. You are as beautiful as the flowers on the field, more precious than diamonds. God loves you just as you are. He created you with much love and care, paying attention to every single detail. You were created for a purpose, no mistakes were made during the process. The Creator knows you and calls you by name. You are precious in God’s eyes. This is why you have seeds of greatness on the inside. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. You must realize your importance. Someone somewhere needs you. Do not get caught up in what you do not have, what you have not achieved, what you could have already achieved. Start by loving and accepting you in this present moment.
2. De-program inbuilt negative thoughts of self. Many thoughts and feelings of inadequacy start during childhood, continuing on as we go through life. Human beings tend to carry the baggage of destructive criticisms, mental abuse and tongue-lashings they received as children into adulthood.
Some people are blessed to have been raised by parents who understood the power of positive affirmations and avoided speaking negative words to them while they were children; some were not so lucky. In order to feel worthy, we must learn to purge our minds and souls of such paralyzing stuff . Our subconscious minds (which do not think), process information it is fed and acts accordingly, spitting out like results. Unless we purge ourselves of destructive inputs, negative results will follow us through life.
And as we progress through life, we are sure to have negative deposits made upon us by some people we interact with. So, in order to build high self-esteem, we have to consciously brush off the negative and detach ourselves from unpleasant people. Refuse to internalize negative words spoken of and to you, replace them with healthy mind deposits, affirmations and beliefs. Be sure to constantly engage in positive self-talk.
3. Believe in yourself and have faith. Do you know that there are individuals who believe that the finer things in life are not for them, but are meant for other “special people”? This results from low self-esteem. Believe in yourself. Self-belief comes with trusting that you are worthy of good things and should receive them.
But how do you convince yourself that you are capable of living the life you really want? By having faith!
I have been strongly molded by my faith in the Almighty God.So please permit me to share these passages with you, which have helped grow my self-belief:
- “Jesus said unto him, if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” (Mark 9:23)
- “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he said shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore, I say unto you, What things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” (Mark11:22-24)
With faith on your side, develop high self-esteem by putting your fears aside and igniting your inner passions, because you are more than a conqueror and the power of God resides in you.
Self-Esteem Quotes to Remember:
- “Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else.” (Judy Garland)
- “The most important opinion you have is the one you have of yourself, and the most significant things you say all days are those things you say to yourself.” (Unknown Author)
- “To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you maybe the world.” (Author Unknown)
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” (Anna Freud)
Having high self-esteem is key to happiness and success. The moment you realize that you are unique, and have what it takes to be great, you will truly soar.
Embrace life and live it to the fullest. Remember to help others build their self-esteem as well, for there is no real success without successors.