THE THINGS WE ATTRACT
I have been reading about the Law of Attraction and how we attract certain people, circumstances and things in general into ourselves. What I find very powerful about the Law of Attraction is that our thoughts are the main magnetic forces in/of our lives. And then they go on to control our actions, which bring about our reality.
For instance, if you are one of those who resents success and/or successful people (these are repulsed from you). Resenting the good means that you value mediocrity and struggle more (these are attracted to you). If you think and act like you don’t want success; if you don’t believe that you will have it, then so shall it be. Success will elude you.
You cannot attract the things that you do not want or desire. When you think negatively about prosperity, you loose the thread that connects you to the abundance of life. It thus follows that in order to be successful, happy and prosperous, you have to make yourself think about the things you desire in life in a positive and receptive manner.
Today, I encourage you to take a serious look at your thoughts. What and how do you habitually think about Yourself, your circumstances and your life in general?
Thoughts often come about due to a variety of triggers – which can be both internal and external, most of which you have control over.
Let’s take a close look at these…
Your external environment: How are your surroundings rubbing off on you? In a good inspiring way, or do your surroundings make you feel sad, depressed and uninspired?
So ask yourself, what are you experiencing on the inside in this environment?
- Feelings of loneliness: Those people, activities and associations that you surround yourself with, do they make you feel desperate, lonely, lost and afraid?
- Feelings of sadness: Do you have a burning desire to be more, to achieve more, to give more, but can’t figure out how? Are you unhappy and unfulfilled, uncertain, unsure, restless? Do you feel trapped?
- Feelings of inadequacy: Do you feel that no one understands you; that you seem to have hit a glass ceiling and there’s nothing else you can do to reach higher heights? Are you searching for answers that seem to be eluding you? Do you feel like you could be more, should be more, but haven’t found your purpose yet?
Many of us have experienced one or the other of the above listed. If you are currently in such a space, I have good news: it is time to make a change!… and you can do it.
Make a conscious effort to get rid of these thoughts that are pulling you down – by intentionally replacing them with thoughts about your goals and desires. These thoughts will start to attract your wishes and aspirations. This will help you break loose of all that is holding you back. Let today be the day you move towards new possibilities and take control of your mind and life!
How do you move from despair to optimism?
- Get excited and start by dreaming again.
- Get in the habit of seeing yourself where you’d like to be. In other words, create a vision as discussed in this blogpost: How to Visualize: Do this Vision Exercise with me.
- Read books and other material that empower, expand and educate your mind.
- Also seek out motivational and inspirational material such as podcasts, CDs, and videos… and listen to them regularly.
- Begin to watch healthy and entertaining shows, movies and TV programs.
- Take steps towards rebuilding yourself.
- Start creating meaningful relationships and forming positive associations.
- Let your adventurous side come out! Seek new, fun experiences.
While you’re at it, now is a good time to ask yourself some soul-searching questions. For example, what do you really want out of life? How can you get there?
Please remember that no two persons in this world are ever the same and our desires are just as unique. Find ways to accomplish yours. Loosen up and relax.
Life is fun. It is OK to have big dreams. Live your dreams (even if only in your mind for now). Believe that abundance is yours.
Ever thought about traveling the world, discovering new cities and meeting all kinds of people? Make your life a constant vacation, while working in-between. In other words, think, “live full-time and work part-time”.
Yes, it is possible. REMEMBER THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS WITH A DREAM. And, “the bigger the dream, the bigger the reality”.
Think positive, so that you can attract greatness as is guaranteed to happen by universal the Law of Attraction.
Matthew 7:16 reminds us, “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they?”